Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Shutting down ... NOT

I started this blog to warn about the collapse of our economy. Well, it seems that I am wrong. I don't foresee any such collapse within the next 30 years, so I will shut down this blog.

The CBO is projecting a budget deficit as low as 205 billion in 2015. While I am not as optimistic, it does seem like the deficit is under control. If the deficit is under 1 trillion in 2015, then I think the danger of hyperinflation is tamed, at least for now.

While there are problems in Europe, particularly in Greece, I think these will be contained.

I will leave this up for another week or so, to allow me to change my mind, but I expect that this is the last post.

============
Update: Bruce Krasting thinks the CBO report is overly optimistic. I guess I should look at it some more before accepting it.Link

No comments:

Post a Comment