Monday, September 18, 2017

Kyle Bass predicts that China will crash by June 2018

RP: And what about a time horizon? I know it's difficult. I don't want to pin you down.
KB: Well, no, it actually requires you to pin me down because our investors pin us down.
RP: OK, so when the f***'s this going to happen?
KB: So my best guess is between November and call it June. November 2017, June 2018.”
So the system is set to crash, with records in the stock market and real estate bubbles.  But it could exist in this position for years.  There must be some kind of needle to pop the bubble.  Or a trigger to start the avalanche, or a catalyst to start the chemical reaction, to use different metaphors.  I like the word "catalyst".
In 2008, it was the collapse of Bear Stearns as well as the subprime mortgages.  This time it could be the collapse of China, which will suck up money and cause global trade to collapse.
Kyle Bass has been wrong before, on Japan.  But I think Japan is a special situation with factors there that don't apply elsewhere.  So look to China to collapse, which will start the next global economic crisis next summer or fall.  

No comments:

Post a Comment