Monday, November 11, 2019

Special K Diet

I'm going to try the Special K Diet.  Actually Kellogg's doesn't endorse it anymore, but that's ok because I actually won't be eating any Special K.  But I like the name.

The way this works is that you eat 3 meals a day.  For breakfast and lunch, you eat only one bowl cereal.  For me today that means Quaker Oats (dry) and Honey Nut Cheerios.  For dinner, you can have whatever you want, as long as the portion size is reasonable.  I also will be eating yogurt and fruit and shakes, but no bread is allowed (eat oats instead), and no cheese is allowed (eat yogurt instead). You could also do this at a McDonald's with their oatmeal and fruit and yogurt parfait.  Snacks of fruit and nuts are allowed.

I'm not measuring this, but assuming standard serving sizes a meal of oatmeal and cheerios looks like this:  Calories 260.  Fat 5g, protein 7g, carbs 49g (of which 6g is from fiber, and 10g is from sugar).  This seems like a standard restricted low-fat, low-calorie diet.  Hey it's worth a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment