Tuesday, January 14, 2014

G30 Revised Again

This is my blog and I can post what I want to.  I have my own list of stocks that I like better than the fabled Dow Jones Industrial Average, which has 30 stocks.  Well, I like the number 30 too.  I just added Merck to my list of "G30" stocks, based on its performance yesterday.  I was going to go with 31 stocks on my list, but that kind of breaks the elegance.

So I am kicking Toyota off my list.  Not because it is a foreign company.  It isn't, its an international company.  It has 6 manufacturing plants in the US and employs tens of thousands of workers here.

But because it is out of sync with the rest of the stocks.  Every single stock on the list went up between 9/30 and 12/31, most by more than 10%.  Except Toyota, which went down 5%.  It lacks what I call "bubbleosity", which is the tendency to develop a bubble with the rest of the market.

So here are the revised, revised numbers. This is the same as my Global 30 Index which I posted earlier, with the addition of Merck and the deletion of Toyota.







Total (M) Total (M)






09/30/13 12/31/13


Adjusted Total


6,154,645 6,857,198

So it is up 11.4% during that period.

No comments:

Post a Comment