Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Fish Diet part one

I think that fish every day for lunch could be part of a health diet.  Fish is filling and has lots of omega-3 oil in it.  So I am going to to experiment with different options.  This is what I ate today.

McDonald's Double Filet-o-Fish with side salad.  The cost was $7.68 with tax.  The regular filet-o-fish has 390 calories, with 38g of carbs.  Adding another filet adds 120 calories and 9g carbs (from the breading).  The side salad has 10 calories and 2g carbs.  The ranch dressing added 170 calories and 9g carbs.  Total was 690 calories and 58g of carbs. 

I'm not concerned about calories, except for carbs.  If I didn't eat the bun and didn't add the dressing, I would have saved 27g of carbs for the bun and 9g for the dressing, and reduced the calorie count by 150 for the bun and 170 calories for the dressing.  The total would have been 370 calories and 22g carbs, but it wouldn't have been as filling.

It was very tasty and filling.  Would order again.

No comments:

Post a Comment