Friday, March 8, 2019

Fish diet part three

Today I had the Cajun Fish Combo at Popeye's.  The cost was $8.67 with tax.  This included 3 pieces of breaded fish and about 20 small breaded popcorn shrimp, biscuit, regular cole slaw, and sweet tea (22 oz) with a refill.  The nutritional information shows 1087 calories, 42g of fat, 159g of carbs (4g of fiber), and 20g of protein.

If I would have left off the biscuit and had unsweetened tea, it would have had 520 calories, with 49g of carbs.

It was elegant and delicious but I can't recommend it, even on the slimmed down version, because it has entirely too many carbs.

Update:  I am terminating the Fish Diet experiment since I was gaining weight on it.  Kind of obvious in retrospect, but it was interesting to try for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment