Wednesday, September 28, 2016

McDonald's on a diet

This is part of my series on eating at fast food restaurants on a diet.

Today I ate at McDonald's:
Double Cheeseburger (hold the bun). I should have ordered it without ketchup but I forgot.  I ordered the Double Cheeseburger instead of the McDouble to get the extra slice of cheese.  Their website make it easy to figure out calories without the bun.  It had 288 calories, 20g fat, 20g protein, and 7g carbs.  Cost $1.69.
Grilled Chicken Bacon Ranch Salad with vinaigrette.  330 calories, 14g fat, 42g protein, 9g carbs.  The vinaigrette added 38 calories, 2g fat, 5g carbs.  Cost $5.19.

Total: 656 calories, 36g fat, 62g protein, 21g carbs.  Under my revised system, this is 56 points.  Total cost $8.55, including large unsweetened ice tea.

Review:  The service was good.  I liked the bowl for the salad, very attractive.  The meal was cheap and delicious and almost filling, everything you would expect from McDonald's.  The bacon added a lot of flavor to the salad. The chicken seemed a little small to have 42 grams of protein. The only thing I might change would be to order the cheeseburger without ketchup, and to use my own olive oil dressing.

Ding-ding-ding.  We have a winner!  The value proposition is excellent.  The salad was perfect, compared to the others which were either carb-heavy (Wendy's, Chick-fil-a) or too sparse (Burger King).  I believe this could be eaten every day as part of a weight-loss diet.

There are still more restaurants to review.  Let's see if any of them are better than Micky D's.

No comments:

Post a Comment